Nachfolger zu 999 und Virtue's Last Reward

Das Hauptforum von Nintendofans.de! Hier wird alles besprochen was sich rund um Nintendo dreht!

Moderatoren: Seppatoni, Phil

Antworten
Son-Gohan
Ehemalige Nr. 1
3DS Freundescode: 4682-8517-2583

Nachfolger zu 999 und Virtue's Last Reward

Beitrag von Son-Gohan » Do Apr 24, 2014 20:03

Da es hier ein paar Leute gibt, welche die beiden Spiele ebenfalls überragend fanden, eröffne ich mal einen Thread zum hoffentlich erscheinenden letzten Teil der Reihe. :)
Das Sequel steht ja leider auf der Kippe, da sich die beiden Spiele (besonders in Japan) nur durchschnittlich verkauften. Director Kotaro Uchikoshi nahm dazu persönlich Stellung:

The Sequel to 999, Virtue's Last Reward is Facing Funding Issues

Fans of 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward will be disappointed to hear that progress for a sequel and third entry of the Zero Escape series is seemingly at a halt. That's because the sequel hasn't been greenlit yet.

Director Kotaro Uchikoshi said in a series of tweets that the first two games did not turn a profit in Japan, which is preventing a third game from being funded. People have suggested that the third game should go on Kickstarter, but Uchikoshi says that "the idea is not quite persuasive enough." He still remains that Zero Escape 3 will come eventually.

Here's what he said on Twitter:
The followers using English have increased, so I decided to make another account exclusively for English. This is the account. I will tweet in English here. The user who can read English, please follow this account. And then, you may unfollow my Japanese account. However, I'm not good at English. Please forgive my terrible writing. I hope what I want to say is conveyed to you accurately.

First, I appreciate from the bottom of my heart to the users who played 999 or VLR. Thank you very much!

I have received the messages of encouragement or cheer from many users so far. I am really glad and happy. I offer my deepest thanks!

Well… I guess you have been curious about ZE3.

In conclusion, unfortunately, I have to say that it is difficult to realize it "at this stage" yet, although we have done all we can. If possible, I'd not like to inform you of the news like this. But I decided to reveal it honestly. A lot of budget is needed to make ZE series. We have to persuade the managers in order to obtain it. The managers know that ZE series is especially valued by many users outside Japan. Some of them think that they want to make a sequel just as we wish.

But, "in Japan", 999 and VLR are in the red. They are not selling more than people think. I'm so sad, but all the companies exist for profit-making purposes. If the profits can't be expected, naturally, the project isn't approved. We were not able to present a convincing reasonable basis to the managers. Of course, I can declare with confidence, "The next title will certainly get into the black!" However, it's not considered that the word have credibility. It does not become the cause of green light.

I am very sorry to all the users who are expecting ZE3. I feel ashamed of my own inadequacies. BUT! please remember. I wrote "at this stage". If the situation changes, ZE3 might be capable of being realized! I still haven't given up. For example, if the title which I make next bring about a good result, the wind might shift to another direction. Or, if someone with executive ability (financer, producer, publisher or millionaire!) propose the investment, everything could go well. If there is an great investor who thinks "Virtue is its own reward", I wish him/her to send me a message. If you know such a wonderful person, please induce him/her to cooperate.

By using Facebook, you can send a direct message to me. My account name is "Kotaro Uchikoshi". (Although we also examined crowd-funding like Kick Starter, we figured the idea is not quite persuasive enough…). I believe there is still hope. ZE3 will definitely be released somehow, someday! I will continue to seek a way out in cooperation with Allies. So, I would appreciate it if you could wait until then. Thank you!
https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng
http://www.gametrailers.com/news-post/6 ... ing-issues

Daraufhin hab ich Uchikoshi mal bei Facebook gesucht und überrascht festgestellt, dass der eine eigene Seite hat die er selber verwaltet. :eek: Jedenfalls sind wir nun Friends und ich hab es mir nicht nehmen lassen ihm eine Nachricht zu senden:
https://www.facebook.com/kotaro.uchikoshi
こんにちは Uchikoshi-san! I'm Rene from Switzerland, 27 years old, and my mate and I both are totally in love with 999 and Zero Escape. I really hope that a sequel is coming within the next years, because the series does absolutely deserve a proper ending. I work in a big company too, so I know that it's hard to convince the bosses when it's about money. But be assured that the games that you created does have a very strong fanbase. Everyone who played 999 and ZE is definitely willing to buy a sequel. Did you already consider an official kickstarter campaign? Because I, for example, would gladly pay an additional amount of around 50 USD to just be able to play the sequel. And I think many people out there would also be willing to spend around 10-50 USD for this. I wish you all the best, good health. And hopefully you'll be able to somehow convince your bosses to not give up the series. You can depend on your fans. Best wishes from Switzerland --> If you should ever visit Lucerne (Luzern) in Switzerland, please let me know, so that I can show you this beautiful city. Rene
Und er antwortete doch tatsächlich zurück! Wie geil ist das denn? :coolthumbup:
Thank you very much! I was encouraged by your words. At present we are making efforts to bear the good news for all fans. Please give us some time. I appreciate your continuous support. Btw, I have been to Switzerland when I was traveling around Europe as a backpacker in 1992. The places I visited are Zurich, Geneva, and Zermatt. Although I have seen various cities in Europe, I thought that Switzerland was the most beautiful. If I have a chance, I'd like to visit Switzerland once again. Of course, also Luzern. Thank you for the message. Good luck with your study of Japanese!

Das klingt doch schon mal nicht schlecht! :)
Hoffen wir, dass es bald zu einer Ankündigung kommt! :coolthumbup:
:ulove: All-Time Favourites: Fallout, Half-Life 2, Mass Effect, Phoenix Wright, Portal, Skyrim, Star Wars: KOTOR, The Witcher, The Last of Us, Uncharted :ulove:

funderos
Re: Nachfolger zu 999 und Virtue's Last Reward

Beitrag von funderos » Do Apr 24, 2014 20:52

Hab mir auf des OldMacs Empfehlung hin Teil 1 aus den Staaten importiert und Teil 2 im eShop runtergeladen, als es um rund 10 Euro im Sonderangebot erhältlich war; bin bisweilen aber leider noch nicht zum Spielen gekommen. Wäre natürlich super, wenn es mit Teil 3 klappt.
Vows are spoken to be broken
Feelings are intense, words are trivial
Pleasures remain, so does the pain
Words are meaningless and forgettable

- Depeche Mode

OldMacMario

Beitrag von OldMacMario » Do Apr 24, 2014 23:24

Da bin ich schon fast versucht, mich doch noch bei facebook anzumelden, nur um mal mit Uchikoshi-san zu plaudern... :uconfused:

Sind natürlich ernüchternde News...auf jeden Fall gut, dass er die Sache nicht aufgegeben hat, aber auch wenn es klappt, klingt es nicht gerade so, als dürften wir bald damit rechnen...echt schade, denn nachdem ich das Glück hatte, die ersten beiden Teile knapp in Folge spielen zu können (999 habe ich erst letztes Jahr für mich "entdeckt" und musste mir Virtue´s Last Reward natürlich gleich zum Release kaufen), bin ich umso ungeduldiger auf einen dritten Teil...

Aber mal ehrlich - der dritte Teil MUSS kommen! Während der erste Teil auch als Einzelspiel formidabel funktioniert hätte, knüpft Volume 2 hochinteressant daran an und bietet für schon sich alleine eine tolle Story, aber fungiert eindeutig gleichzeitig sehr deutlich als Mittelteil einer Trilogie und schürt enorme Vorfreude auf das große Finale - wehe, wenn diese großartige Geschichte unvollendet stehen bleibt! :umaul:
"Helpless? You could drop a ton of bricks on her, and the bricks would be helpless."

Nimmerlandjunge
Nintendo Network ID: Nimmerlandjunge
3DS Freundescode: 3866-8000-4773

Beitrag von Nimmerlandjunge » Fr Apr 25, 2014 05:02

Ich bin mit VLR irgendwie nie so richtig warm geworden, auch wenn ich es eine ganze Weile gespielt hab.
We each walk the path that we`ve chosen

Son-Gohan
Ehemalige Nr. 1
3DS Freundescode: 4682-8517-2583

Beitrag von Son-Gohan » Fr Apr 25, 2014 06:23

Nimmerlandjunge hat geschrieben:Ich bin mit VLR irgendwie nie so richtig warm geworden, auch wenn ich es eine ganze Weile gespielt hab.
Ein Ungläubiger! Verbrennt ihn! :angry:
:ulove: All-Time Favourites: Fallout, Half-Life 2, Mass Effect, Phoenix Wright, Portal, Skyrim, Star Wars: KOTOR, The Witcher, The Last of Us, Uncharted :ulove:

Vitara
Nintendo Network ID: Vitara
3DS Freundescode: 3136-6557-8613

Beitrag von Vitara » Mo Apr 28, 2014 14:59

Es wäre toll wenn es ein weitere teil hir in Europa rausbringen würden.

Ich habe es letztens wieder mal durch gespielt und obwohl ich die Story kenne ist es ein spannendes Game.
Virtue's Last Reward war auch gut aber da war nicht so dieser "Angstfaktror" mit dabei wie bei 999, wo, wenn sie falsch spielen, in die Luftgejagt werden.

Antworten