NES - Turtles III USA version: does it works on PAL console?

Diskussionen rund ums NES und die Welt der Videospiele.

Moderatoren: Seppatoni, Yamato

Antworten
legolas119

NES - Turtles III USA version: does it works on PAL console?

Beitrag von legolas119 » Di Sep 20, 2016 21:23

HI

I'm Giovanni from Italy, i kindly ask your help for a question: I have a PAL NES, modded in order to play both PAL A and PAL B games.

Well, i would like to buy Turtles III the manhattan project but it seems that it isn't available in PAL version.

Do you know if the USA version works correctly in European console?

I read this article: http://nescenter.de/features/technik/in ... usimporte/

and it seems that it works correctly, can you confirm? I modded the chip in order to play PAL B games and I know that very often with this mod the NES is able to play NTSC games...

thank you!

Seppatoni
Stv. der Top 5
Nintendo Network ID: Seppatoni
3DS Freundescode: 5327-0890-2151
Re: NES - Turtles III USA version: does it works on PAL cons

Beitrag von Seppatoni » Mi Sep 21, 2016 09:03

I suppose that you have modded your NES like this: click
It should work without any problem, just a bit slower then on a US console. ;)
Bild

Bild

OldMacMario

Beitrag von OldMacMario » Mi Sep 21, 2016 10:56

As said in the other thread, sorry if I gave you false information; I am far from an expert when it comes to hardware questions like that. But Seppatoni definitely is! :thumbup:
"Helpless? You could drop a ton of bricks on her, and the bricks would be helpless."

Yamato
Nintendo Network ID: Yamato-san

Beitrag von Yamato » Mi Sep 21, 2016 14:20

Yes, it works. I have the game in my collection and played it on a PAL NES :coolthumbup:

That's why the game is also listed as "working" in our little database of working and not working NTSC carts that you already refered to:
http://nescenter.de/features/technik/in ... index.html

legolas119

Beitrag von legolas119 » Mi Sep 21, 2016 21:46

hi,

thank you! very good!

I would like to buy some other NTSC games, but how can I know if they works correctly, without issues, in my modded NES?

I would like to buy:

1) The Legend of Zelda
2) Mega Man 2
3) Batman The Video Game
4) Super Mario Bros I, II, III (it seems that I and III work correctly without any issues..?)
5) Double Dragon
6) Castlevania (it seems that it has some issues..but i don't know German...)
7) Castlevania III Dracula's Curse

Do you know if I can?

thank you very much!

Yamato

Beitrag von Yamato » Do Sep 22, 2016 06:51

You're welcome!

Mega Man 6 works without any problems (tested the game myself), so I guess that Mega Man 2 should have no problems too. In regards of Mario 1 + 3 there are no reported issues. I once tested the 2-in-1 Mario + Duck Hunt US cart and Super Mario Bros. run flawlessly. Castlevania shows an issue within the status bar (scrolling effect). The game itself is fully playable. For the other US games that you listed we have no reports yet unfortunately.

May I ask you why you won't just go for the PAL versions of those games? In many cases PAL versions have tweaked music speed or even gameplay speed (the most prominent example is Super Mario Bros.). So in those cases the US carts run even slower on a PAL console than the PAL versions (I have no elaborated list of tweaked PAL versions at hand, that would be a cool project for some other day :)). Another option would be to invest in a US console.

Obviously our little database project is more interesting for those titles which happen to just not exist as a PAL version (i.e. Mega Man 6, Startropics 2, etc.).

legolas119

Beitrag von legolas119 » Do Sep 22, 2016 21:10

thank you very much.
Well, I asked information about USA games because sometimes they are cheaper :)

Ok, I only bought Turtles III because it works and it is available only in USA

I know that Ninja Gaiden III too is available only in USA: do you know if it works correctly?

thanks!

Yamato

Beitrag von Yamato » Fr Sep 23, 2016 17:05

legolas119 hat geschrieben:I know that Ninja Gaiden III too is available only in USA: do you know if it works correctly?
You're right - Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 were released as "Shadow Warrior" in Europe ;)

Sorry, but I don't know if NInja Gaiden 3 works. I only have the japanese famicom cart in my collection.
NInja Gaiden 1 US doesn't work, so I'd be cautious.

Anyway Congratulations on buying Turtles 3. I wish you a lot of fun with it :)

legolas119

Beitrag von legolas119 » Fr Sep 23, 2016 21:43

thanks!

now I would like to buy The Legend of Zelda USA. My friend has it and in its modified NES it works correctly (he finished the game).

Some day ago I tried his game in my console but it has graphic problems:

http://it.tinypic.com/r/30jmhrm/9

But I currently have same problems in other 2 PAL games. I cleaned the contact with alcool in my 2 pal games, but they don't work.

This is ghost'n goblins:
http://it.tinypic.com/r/2j0e692/9

and this is Metroid:
http://it.tinypic.com/r/j6o574/9

probably i have to open the cartridges and clean them very well with deoxidant...I'm waiting the special screwdriver inorder to open them. My NES is OK because other games work correctly and because the vendor said that he opened and cleanded it very well. So I think that I have to clean very well the 2 games (in any case they work correctly in the NES of my friend...I don't know why).

I think that if I clean very well the USA copy of Zelda of my friend, it will work in my modded console too. Are you agree? He has a modded PAL console too

thanks!

Antworten